Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's ON!

Saturday was the BIG DAY! As 47 strangers fill into the room, I noticed how different we are. Some of us of lots of weight to lose, some women, some men, full time moms, working dads, business owner even the Mayor of Lehi is competing in the competition. But when it comes down to it we are all the same. Normal people trying to make it through life. It's struggle for everyone. They too are ready to let go of this heavy weight that they are carry around. That's what we have in common, it doesn't matter if it's only 30 pds they want to lose we are all in the same boat. As I have started this blog mainly for me, many people have expressed their gratitude to me for being brave enough to write my story. Thank you all for your kind words, great advice and moral support-I need it all It's hard! I feel like I can do so much, but my body is too slow because its heavy. It's time that I peel of my "normal" person and become someone Extraordinary! My team is AMAZING! On Tuesday night, our first session together we did a basic fitness test. As I was running a mile every time I completed a lap, half the team was there cheering me on-it was great. The best part about it was that my Dad was cheering the loudest. Yes folks, my amazing 63 yr old father is in the competition and better yet on my team! My Dad has been such an example to me. I am so excited to be on this journey with him!!!! More to come........

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I hope you will post pictures of your progress, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz! You are SO brave for sharing your journey and history! It's all a bit embarrassing for me, something I need to get past. Ask Tiffany, I didn't exactly like the cheering as I did my laps ha ha. I am super excited to do this with my dad too! It will be great, he's actually the reason I am even in the contest. Thank goodness he sent me a message one night informing me that he was signing me up with him... He's pretty awesome! Anyway, I am very excited and look forward to reading your posts & loosing some inches with you!

    ReplyDelete