Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Prep

On January 10, 2012 I decided to give up junk food and soda. I love a fresh Dr. Pepper with lots of ice. In fact one day while I was at Harts with my 5 yr old, filling up my 44 ounce cup. I saw a light click on in his little head. "I get it!" he exclaimed! "You have a Dr. Pepper everyday so when Daddy comes home from work he still has a wife and 4 kids." I laughed so hard. It was true, he got it! This phase has been in my head for about 4 months. Although it was funny, there was definitely some truth behind it. So I gave it up. It's been 3 weeks since I have sipped caffeine OR carbonation. I feel fine, honestly I don't feel much difference. I know when I start working out I will. When I knew I was going to do this contest I decided to start Prepping. Prepping for a weight loss contest.....I know it sound so funny. But here are a few things that I have been working on
  • Buy new shoes. Do you know how many types of different shoes there are? Running shoes, aerobic shoes, cross trainers, toner shoes, weight lifter shoes.....i could go on and on. Which ones to get? I want my feet to good, I know that good shoes can work the world of difference. Helps with sore feet, charlie horses, shin splits and back pains. Well after many hours on line of information over load I gave up. Thanks to my friend Jenn I know to buy cross trainers. (Friday's to do list)
  • Clothes-what do you work out in? Sweats right? Who wears sweats? Yoga pants? That's an idea but for a 340 pound woman? Every roll and dimple would be showing, not comfortable with that. I honestly don't have anything, pants that is. I have lots of PJ's but its pretty obvious they are PJ's. So what do I get and where to I buy them without spending a lot of money?
  • This last week I have been enjoying, you know like the "Last Supper". I don't want to say I have been pigging out but I have been making my favorite things that I am about to give up. You know homemade pie, cinnamon rolls, ice cream, etc. As of Saturday it will be replaced with vegetable stick and popcorn. (with no butter of course)

These are a few of things that I am doing to get ready! There are 46 other constants, I am sure they are all amazing and all have their own stories but I am ready to loose weight and feel great!! Thanks so much for the comments, advice and support I am truly blessed with so many great friends to help me along this Road 2 Me!!

4 comments:

  1. Go to Runner's Corner in Orem. They will help you get the right shoes and the right fit. You'll be glad you went! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book for you to read. I bought it in January and it basically talks about cleansing, and reintroducing the right foods back to your body for the best weight loss. Its called the 17 day diet. Its four phases of 17 days so your body reacts the right way to dieting. It make so much sense. Skyler read it in relation to his medical chemistry class and everything this Dr talks about relates perfectly to the functions of the body. Sky lost 16 lbs in and I lost 14 in 30 days. We are just finishing off the second phase. Totally worth the 12 bucks you pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO proud of you Liz! You are amazing and motivating. Thanks for starting your blog - you'll have lots of support. I have another idea for you- call me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING Liz!! This blog will help so many other people!! (Including me!) You give me a call when you are having a hard day and we will go on a walk.. It always makes things better:)

    ReplyDelete