Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Randomness

Well I am not really sure where time went-I can't believe it's been so long since I have posted.
Things are going good! I am really enjoying this journey, don't get me wrong its hard and there are times that my body is so sore I could cry (maybe I have a little). But I feel so great!!! I am not really noticing a lot of difference (a little in my legs) but I have felt good so I am still moving forward. There are a few things that I have learned the last few weeks that I would like to share:
  • Be Creative-Sometimes my hubby works on Saturday so if I don't go to the gym at 5am (YUCK) then I have to find a creative way to workout. I decided that it's important for all of us to be MORE active, so we love to go to the church parking lot. The kids have been really big into roller blading and I do my jogging. It's been a BLAST! Last week we had a picnic there too. The kids think its the coolest thing ever! In fact we decided to tun a 5k as a family. (June round-up days) I am excited to go hiking when it's warmer.
  • The gym-I have enjoyed going to the gym and working out. It's my time-why is it that us women feel guilty about taking some time for yourself? It makes me be a better Mom yet I feel guilty about leaving my kids?? I know understand why so many Mom's go to the gym in the early morning hours-as NOW so do I!!!
  • Speaking of early morning gym goers......I will NEVER be one of those ladies that look all dolled up! Make-up, hair done etc. I can't believe how many there are at the Legacy Center that look like they just stepped out a salon!
  • Craving something sweet? Eat a piece of fruit and drink lots of water and MOST the time that craving is gone. My eating is going good-Valentines Day wasn't that bad. I did eat Chocolate Dipped Berries, No worries I enjoyed every bite. But I planned ahead by eating lower calorie foods that day and worked out extra hard that day! One thing I have learned is that I can still eat food that I enjoy. It's all about the way it's prepare and the serving size. This is something that I have been very good at, I have taught my children that serving size is something that needs to be looked at.

Many of you have asked how am i doing. I will report the 1st Sat. of every month on how much weight, inches, and body fat i have lost in the past month. I am trying hard not to get on the scale often.

Until next time!

1 comment: