Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Relationship

I want to talk about a relationship that I have. It's between FOOD and I. Yes you heard me, I said FOOD! I love FOOD!! I have always loved food, especially sweet treats and that's why I weigh 340 pounds. I believe that loosing weight is a mental game for most people. A very inspiring lady told me the other day this quote, its a motto I say to myself at least 6x a day! "I eat food because I need it to live, NOT because I love it!" (Thanks Aunt Chris) Today, on February 8, 2012 I am ended my relationship with food. I need food to live, I will no longer live for food. Thats a strong statement and I know that I will become a healthier person because of living up to that motto. I few things that I am doing that maybe will help someone else-
  • Counting Calories-I have NEVER DONE this before. There is a great site/app for this its is http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/ AWESOME! It does all the work for me. So user friendly. (Thanks Aunt Chris and Kenzi) I can't believe what kind of junk I have been putting in my body!!! It's great to feel good!
  • Sugar-this is so hard for me! I love my sweet treats. So instead of giving up all the way I am going to do 6 days with none and 1 free day. Okay maybe free day isn't the best word, I can't not eat crap all day and gorge until I puke-but I will enjoy a small amount of some of my favorite things. (Cupcakes, ice cream, Creme Brulee a few to mention) again moderation is the key here. I haven't had candy/junk food since Sunday and I won't until Valentines Day when I hope my hubby buys me a few chocolate dipped strawberries and raspberries from Dippidee. (Danaca or Marcee can you make that happen)
  • Being Prepared-I ALWAYS have something healthy in the fridge and in the pantry that's ready for me to snack on. When I get my lettuce I cut it all up and bag it, veggies cut up and ready for a salad or a snack. If I am hungry and have nothing to snack on, then I go for the kids treat bags.
  • Gum-It is a must have! When I feel "Bored" and I need a snack I just chew on some gum!

I hope that this can help someone! I have some fun recipes that I will post soon and some more things. With the contest I only weigh in once a month. I will weigh myself every Saturday and report on how I do. Please remember that numbers aren't everything! I am really wanting to feel good in my "tight" jeans! Until next time-

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Liz! I'm not sure what your diet is going to be, but when I drink Green smoothies it cuts my cravings for sweets way down! Let me know if you want the recipe! They're healthy and way yummy!! We're rootin for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Green Smoothies, or as my kids call it, "Frog Nog". Here is a link to the recipe. http://www.thesisterscafe.com/2010/10/frog-nog-true-green-smoothie-recipe

    Sooooo Good! Liz you are awesome and I am so proud of you for taking on this lifestyle change and commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the website and app that I used to loose a bunch of weight before I got pregnant again. I love the idea of counting calories, you can still have what you want you just plan for it with the amount of calories you have for the day and or exercise enough to where you don't feel bad. I also use www.recipegirl.com and under the weigh watchers catagory i love the meals to make because it shows you how many calories are in the meal. I am really proud of you and I know you are going to do great and this is a new life for you and it is one that is easy to do and enjoyable. I hate the idea that I can never have carbs or ice cream. I love you and I need to see you. Next week?

    ReplyDelete